The Library is Open! Helping students of Irish Archaeology during the Covid-19 Pandemic



It’s week four of social isolation and I think that many people are getting used to this ‘new normal’. Personally, I’ve found it, by turns, difficult living without so much social interaction and remarkably appealing. Some months ago I decided to work my way through all 1228 movies that appear in all editions of the book ‘1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die’. This now seems like a well-reasoned and socially responsible plan, and not the descent into madness it may have at first seemed to those closest to me. While my first priority has been to keep my family safe, I’ve been trying to do what I can for others too … which brings me to the subject of today’s post!

Browsing Twitter last night, I saw a thread regarding the additional difficulties faced by PhD students and Postdoctoral Fellows in Irish universities owing to the current pandemic. It appears that some PhD students (those funded through RCUK) at UK universities have been granted an additional six months of funded research time to complete their research (see: here). As yet, the same sort of support has not been extended to Irish universities. Although I can’t influence that decision, it did make me wonder what assistance I could offer to students of Irish archaeology. Which is how I came up with this:

Although it’s slightly out of date, I’ve made the catalogue of my personal library available as a Google doc. If I’ve managed the permissions correctly, you’ll be able to read it, but not edit here:


It’s not exhaustive and it’s understandably tailored towards my personal interests, but If you don’t have a copy of your own & you need a reference checked up or a few pages copied, please send me a message on social media & I’ll do my best to help you out.

Twitter: @RMChapple

Please feel free to share this post with anyone who may be able to benefit.

Otherwise, please stay indoors & keep safe.

Robert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Billboards Outside University College London: A case of approved plagiarism by Prof Andrew Bevan et al.

The dreaded first test post!

"Always remember to draw the swastika turning to the right": Some thoughts on swastika directionality in Early Medieval Irish Art