For the Attention of The Chief Archaeologist & Director of the National Museum of Ireland #TTM





In 2019 The Keeper of Irish Antiquities threatened to send both the Director of the National Museum of Ireland and the Chief Archaeologist after me, but neither had sufficient backbone to either approach me or reprimand their errant employee.

Now it's the back end of 2024 and there's still no end in sight. So I'm thinking it's time to resolve this.

For this reason, I'm calling on Michael MacDonagh, Chief Archaeologist at the National Monuments Service of Ireland, and Lynn Scarff, Director of the National Museum of Ireland, as well as the entire Board of the NMI (here) to show some forlorn modicum of actual leadership and reach out to me with a workable solution.

I would point out that such a solution must include a full apology and retraction of the curel, hurtful, and simply untrue remarks made by The Keeper of Irish Antiquities; answers to the questions repeatedly posed but unanswered by The Keeper of Irish Antiquities; as well as payment for my time in doing anything with the surviving archives (payment had better be in cash, because I have zero trust in y'all).

For all that, please understand that I'm not unreasonable. I'm not asking anyone to be publicly humiliated with a Walk of Atonement down Kildare St. I may even be persuaded to withdraw my expectation that the apology be accompanied by a fully-costumed interpretive dance of no less than three hours duration (excluding interval). I'll even go so far as to add that the additional scenes featuring a Greek Chorus of live cats meowing a collection of classic Show Tunes will be wholly at your discretion.




Also, before you do anything, take a few minutes to acquaint yourselves with the history of this dispute:






Considering how easily and quickly the NMI managed to find my original blog post, I'll not be following this up with separate emails - I'm sure one of your Crystal Bats will make you aware of this post!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Always remember to draw the swastika turning to the right": Some thoughts on swastika directionality in Early Medieval Irish Art

The dreaded first test post!

Three Billboards Outside University College London: A case of approved plagiarism by Prof Andrew Bevan et al.