Thanks for reading! | The Top 10 posts of 2018


It’s that time of the year again … those few days where it’s socially acceptable to lounge about the house in a dressing gown and have sherry and selection box for breakfast. It is, hopefully, also a time for quiet reflection on the past year. From the point of view of this little blog, I’ve been thinking about what I’ve been writing and how it has been received. This year I embarked on a series of posts about Irish material in the British Museum. Many of these have been quite popular and well received. My series on ‘things in several London museums that I find interesting’ have not ignited the popular imagination to the same extent, but maybe 2019 will be their year! In the meantime, here’s my list of the top 10 most popular posts, with a small selection of my favourites that didn’t make the list, but that I feel deserved more love than they got. So … take a trip down memory lane and pick up on some posts you liked or some you missed … either way, it’s my intention to keep writing into 2019 & I hope you’ll join me for some of my adventures …












To this list, I'd like to direct your attention to three further posts that (I think) deserved to be more widely read this year, but didn't quite make the top 10:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Billboards Outside University College London: A case of approved plagiarism by Prof Andrew Bevan et al.

The dreaded first test post!

"Always remember to draw the swastika turning to the right": Some thoughts on swastika directionality in Early Medieval Irish Art